Notes: The pumpkin pattern in the photos looks different than the pattern you will print out because I made a small adjustment to the final pattern so it will be easier to sew. Finished pumpkin measures approximately 7″ wide and 7″ tall including stem.
4 white felt rectangles or a 25.5″ X 33″ Piece of fabric
1 black felt rectangle
Hot glue gun
Tulle or Ribbon of choice
1. Place two pumpkin pieces on top of each other pin and sew the right edge only. Sew all the way down to the bottom but don’t back stitch! When you cut the thread leave it about 2″ long we will use them later.
2. Turn the pieces you just sewed so that the outside of the pumpkin is facing you and place the next piece on top of the right piece, pin and sew the right edge. Sew all the way down to the bottom but don’t back stitch! When you cut the thread leave it about 2″ long we will use them later.
3. Repeat step 2 for the rest of the pieces. When all the pieces are sewn together put the first piece and last piece together pin and sew .
4. You should have a small opening at the top and a big opening at the bottom.
5. Turn the pumpkin right side out and we are going to start gathering each section. Take one piece of thread and pull gently this will gather the felt pull and gather until you are happy with the way the gather looks.
6. Then take the second piece of thread and tie them together making several knots to keep the gather in place. Do the same with the rest of the thread pieces. To make sure all sides look even just put the gather you are working on against the first gather to see if they look about the same length. Then stuff the pumpkin!
7. Take the black felt rectangle and hot glue one end then start rolling and hot gluing in place. I used some clips to hold it in place to give the hot glue time to set. For some reason hot glue doesn’t hold glittery felt very well or maybe its just me.
8. Fold it in half and hot glue the ends together.
9. Put hot glue in the center and twist. I find it easier to hot glue and twist little by little.
11. Now hot glue the felt circle to the bottom of the pumpkin to close it up and you are done! I just tied a piece of tulle to the stem and made a bow to dress it up a little! 🙂
I hope you guys enjoyed my tutorial! Don’t forget to share photos of the finished projects with me on on Facebook and instagram I would love to see them!