Fabric (I used just a little over a fat quarter)
Two big buttons for the eyes
One button for the nose
Needle for hand sewing
NOTES: 1/4″ seam allowance is already added to pattern all seams are sewn at 1/4″.
You can sew some parts by hand if it is difficult to sew it with a sewing machine or sew the whole pattern by hand.
1. Start outlining your pattern pieces on to your fabric.
2. For your reverse pieces just turn your pattern piece over.
3. After you finish cutting out the fabric mark the letters on the pattern on to the fabric. Make sure to make the
letters small enough so that when you sew the pieces you won’t see them in the seams.
4. We are going to start with the teddy’s face.
5. Take one side of the face and the center.
6. Put B & C together. Pin and sew.
7. Cut off excess fabric.
8. Take the other side of the face put B & C together just like the previous one. Pin and sew.
9. Cut off excess fabric.
10. Now the face should look like this.
11. Fold over pin the “chin” and sew.
12. Take the nose pieces and arrange them like the photo bellow. Just picture the arrows pointing to the center and this is how we will be sewing the pieces together.
13. Take two of the nose pieces.
14. Put the pieces on top of each other with right sides of fabric facing together. Pin and sew.
15. This is what you should have.
16. Take another piece of the nose.
17. Put it under one of the pieces previews pieces like the photo bellow.
18. Pin and sew.
19. Take the last nose piece.
20. Put it under the previews piece.
21. Pin and sew.
22. This is what you should have after sewing the last piece.
23. Fold it in half.
24. Pin and sew.
25. Using your longest stitch sew around the nose leaving a gap. Then pull the threads to gather the fabric.
26. Take the teddy bear face.
27. Take the gathered nose.
28. Place the nose on the empty space.
29. Take the “chin” and the nose.
30. Hold the fabric and start pinning.
31. Make sure to spread the gathers out evenly and start sewing.
32. This is what the teddy bears face should look like after sewing the nose.
33. Take the pieces for the back of the head.
34. With right sides facing each other put D & D together. Pin and sew.
35. This is what the back of the head should look like after sewing.
36. Take two of the ear pieces.
38. Stuff the ear and zig zag the bottom.
40. Stitch around the ears like shown in the photo bellow.
41. Pin one of the ears to the face like shown on the photo bellow. Using the seams as a guide to place the ears.
43. Take the back of the head with the right side facing up and take the face and place it on top with the right side facing down and ears tucked in.
44. Pin and sew making sure Not to sew the bottom/neck
45. Turn it right side out and we are finished sewing the head.
46. Now to sew the body. Take the pieces for the front of the body.
47. With right sides facing together put G & G together, pin and sew.
48. This is what the belly looks like after sewing.
49. Take the back pieces.
50. With right sides facing together make a 1″ pencil mark on the top and on the bottom like on the photo bellow. Pin and sew.
51. This is what you should have after sewing.
52. Now we are going to work on the arms. Take two arm pieces one reverse.
53. With right sides facing together pin and sew making sure to leave the top opened so we can stuff it later. Do the same to the other arm.
54. Now take two leg pieces one reverse pin and sew. Leaving the top opened to stuff them later repeat the same steps for the other leg.
55. Turn the arms and legs right side out and stuff them.
56. With the back side facing right side up
57. Place the belly with right side down on top.
58. This part is a little difficult to explain because I forgot to take more pictures but I will try to explain the best I can. Pin the pieces together and take one of the legs and place it on one of the sides at the bottom and make a pencil mark to leave a space for the leg and do the same to the other side. Like the photo bellow. Sew the sides up to those marks leaving the top and bottom opened.
59. We are now going to put the pieces together. Put one of the arms through the gap on the back with the “thumbs” facing the belly.
60. Place the shoulder edge of the arm on the neck of the body.
61. Using the lines on the photo bellow you can have an idea of how to place the arm edge/shoulder. Repeat the same steps for the other arm on the opposite side.
62. Now To sew the legs. Put one of the legs inside of the body with the toes facing the belly.
65. Take the tail pieces with right sides facing together pin and sew leaving the top opened to stuff it later.
66. Turn the tail right side out stuff and zig zag the top.
67. fold the top of the tail and sew.
68. This is what the tail should look like.
69. Take the teddy bear head and fold it in half.
70. Put it inside the gap in the back of the body with the face facing the belly.
71. Align the neck from the head and the neck from the body pin and sew. The arms, legs, and head are all stuffed inside the body that is why it looks this way in the photo bellow.
72. Turn the teddy bear right side out and stuff it.
73. Place the tail on the back like in the photo bellow.
74. Make a mark to make a space for the tail.
75. Take the fabric on the back and tuck it under like this. Do the same to the other side.
76. Thread your needle with a thread that is a coordinating color to your fabric. and insert the needle like this.
77. Make another stitch on the bottom like in the photo bellow.
78. Make another stitch on the top like this.
79. Continue making the stitches until you get to the mark you made on step 74.
80. Pull the thread and the back should close up like in the photo bellow.
81. Make a knot.
82. Take the tail and insert your needle like this.
83. with the tail attached to the needle and thread make a stitch on the teddy bear like the photo bellow.
84. Pull through and the tail in now attached to the back.
85. Push the tail into the gap and start sewing it in.
86. Insert the needle through the tail again.
87. Make another stitch on the back.
88. Insert the needle through the tail again.
89. Make another stitch on the back.
90. Continue doing the same until the tail is sewn in. Make a knot and cut the thread.
91. Take the buttons and matching thread.
92. Place one of the buttons on the face to see where you are going to sew it.
93. Insert the needle where the eye is going to be sewn.
94. Catch the knot with the needle and pull through.
95. Pull the thread through one of the button holes.
96. And through the other.
97. Make another stitch on the face.
98. Pull through and make a knot under the button. Repeat the same steps for the other eye and the nose.
Your teddy bear is now finished! Now all you have to do is dress her/him up with a pretty bow.
Thanks for stopping by I hope you enjoy my pattern and tutorial! Share your photos with me on Facebook I would love to see how yours turns out! 🙂