Double sided Card Stock
1. Try using a paper that has two sides to it like this one.
2. Using your dollar bill make an outline of it on your paper.
3. Continue doing this until you have five rectangles.
4. It should look like this.
5. Now start cutting out your rectangles.
6. You need five rectangles for each rose so you can make as many as you like.
7. Now take your wood skewer and start curling the corners of each rectangle.
8. Like this…
9. Using your wire cutters cut lengths of craft wire the length you would like the stem to
be plus an extra couple of inches to wrap over each petal and twist.
10. Start shaping your petals like this.
11. Wrap the craft wire around the petal making sure to leave the stem long enough and twist
12. Push the petals up.
13. Using your thumbs push the inside to shape the bottom.
14. Like this.
15. Continue to do the same thing to all the rectangles until they all look like this.
16. Make sure to face the petal the opposite direction as the one before, push them
as close as possible and twist the wires together.
17. Use your thumbs to shape the bottom.
18. Continue arranging each piece.
19. My last two petals are facing the same
direction just because I like the way it looks but you can arrange them any
way you like. So your rose should look something like this. You can stop
at this point and wrap the wire with floral tape or continue to add the leaves.
20. To make the leaves use your dollar bill to outline a piece of green paper .
21. Fold the paper in half.
22. Cut the corners like this.
23. Unfold the paper and it should have pointy ends like in the photo below.
24. Using the wood skewer curl the pointy ends.
25. Shape the leaves the same way you shaped the petals in step 10.
26. Wrap the wire around and twist.
27. Add the leaves by pushing them as close as possible to the bottom of the rose
and twist the wires together.
28. Now your rose should look something like this all you have to do is wrap
the wire with floral tape and you are finished!
You can display your beautiful rose in a vase or make a bouquet and
give it to someone special as a gift.