One 30″ Long Piece of 1.5″ ribbon
One 20″ Long piece of 1.5″ ribbon
Four 8.5″ Long pieces of 7/8″ ribbon ( You can use a wider ribbon to make the spikes)
Four 5.5″ Long Pieces of tulle
8.5″ of feather boa
6″ of any thin ribbon (Not pictured)
Needle and thread
Hair Clip of choice
Lighter to heat seal the ends of the ribbon
Notes: Make sure to heat seal the ends of all the ribbon to prevent fraying. Finished hair bow measures approximately 7.5″ wide with spikes and 5″ without spikes.
1. We are going to start by making the spikes. V-cut the ends of all four pieces and start stacking them following the photos bellow.
2. Spread the pieces out a little more and clip all the pieces together with an alligator clip this makes it easier to pick them all up together without the pieces moving too much. Then sew several stitches in the center to keep the them in place. Don’t cut the thread.
3. With the thread still attached wrap it around the center twice and pull. Knot the thread on the back and cut it.
8. Stitch the center and pull. Wrap the thread around the center a couple of times, make a knot on the back and cut the thread.
9. To make bow 2 start by cutting the ends at an angle and heat seal. Bring one end down to make a loop like the photo bellow.
10. Bring the tail up to make the second loop.
11. Stitch the center, pull the thread, wrap the thread around the center a couple of times, make a knot on the back and cut the thread.
12. To make the tulle center simply fold the tulle in half using your finger.
12. Slide your finger out leaving a little loop in the center of the tulle. Insert a threaded needle inside the loop and catch the end knot with the needle and pull. Make a knot on the back and cut the thread.
Now we are going to start stacking all the pieces.
13. Start by placing bow 1 on top of the spikes. Wrap a threaded needle around the center, catch the end knot with the needle and pull. Make a Knot on the back but Don’t cut the thread.
14. Now place bow two in the center and wrap the thread around the center a couple of times and make a knot on the back but Don’t cut the thread. Repeat the same steps for the tulle. Finish by making a couple of knots on the back and finally cutting the thread.
16. Insert bow 2 and the tulle through the center of the feather boa circle so that the circle sits under them. make any adjustments to bow 2 loops and fluff up the tulle center.
17. Take a 6″ long piece of ribbon make an X like the photo bellow and hot glue it in place.
18. Bring the the loop down like this and hot glue in place.
Thanks for stopping by I hope you enjoyed my tutorial! Share photos with me on Facebook And Instagram (myjustlola).