Needle threader (optional)
10″ embroidery hoop
Embroidery pattern (Click HERE for free pattern)
1. Place the pattern under the fabric and start tracing ( I didn’t iron my fabric but I
recommend you iron it first).
2. After you are done tracing your pattern it should look like this.
3. Place the fabric in the embroidery hoop make sure it’s taut so it is easier to push
your needle through.
4. Now thread your needle and make a knot at the end of the embroidery
floss. Start by bringing your needle through the back of the hoop and pull
5. Following the pattern make a single stitch about the length of a grain of rice.
6. Now bring the needle up through the bottom leaving a space about the same length
as the first stitch.
7. Insert the needle through the hole of the first stitch and pull through. You
have made a back stitch.
8. Here are a couple more photos on how to make a back stitch. Continue working
with the back stitch until”MOM” is finished and use the same stitch
to make the butterflies and the flower. Knot the floss at the back when
you are finished.
9. To make the dashes insert the needle through the back at the beginning of
the dash line and pull through.
10. Now insert the needle at the end of the dash line and pull through.
11. Repeat steps 9 & 10 until the dashes are finished and knot the floss on the back.
Now you can use your hand embroidery for all kind of cute projects!
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the pattern.