Card stock (12″ x 12″)
Paper trimmer or scissors
Hot glue gun & glue sticks
Notes: You can make 4 baskets out of a 12″ x 12″ paper, the finished baskets measure approximately 1.5″ tall (not including strap), 1.5″ deep and 3″ wide.
1. Start by making a pencil mark at 10.5″ at the bottom of your paper.
2. Then make another mark on the top of your paper at 10.5″
3. Now your paper should look like this with two pencil marks.
4. Using a ruler make a straight line from one mark to the other.
5. Now your paper should look like this.
6. Place your ruler next to the line again and make a pencil mark every 3″, the last one will be a little smaller then 3″.
7. Do the same to the opposite side of the paper.
8. Now your paper should look like this with pencil marks every 3″ on both sides.
9. Using those marks as a guide make lines straight across.
10. Now your paper should have 4 rectangles and a skinny piece on the side.
11. Cut off the skinny piece on the side, but don’t throw it out we will use it later.
12. Turn your paper and cut the rectangles.
13. Take the skinny piece of paper and make a line in the center.
14. I made my straps 5″ long so I made a line every 5″ and had a little piece of scrap paper left on the bottom, you can make them longer or shorter if you like.
15. Take one of your rectangles and make a pencil mark at 1.5″ .
16. Now count 3″ from the previous mark and make a pencil mark there.
17. Repeat steps 15-16 until you get to the end of your paper and do the same to the top of the rectangle.
18. Use the photo bellow as an example.
19. Your paper should now look like this.
20. Fold the rectangle in half lengthwise.
21. Unfold and you have a center crease that we will use later.
22. Start folding your rectangle using the pencil marks you made in steps 15-17.
23.This is what you should have after making all your folds.
24. Cut the folds you just made but only up to the center crease.
25. Now take both ends put hot glue on one end then put the other end on top and press down.
26. Turn your basket upside down and tuck in the small flaps.
27. Fold down one of the big flaps.
28. Put hot glue then bring down the last flap and press down.
29. Put a little bit of hot glue on the inside of one of the sides.
30. Grab one of your straps and place one end on the hot glue and press.
31. Do the same to the other side.
Your first basket is now finished! Do the same to the rest of your pieces and embellish them for bridal showers, baby showers, birthday or even a wedding if you are on a budget!
I hot glued a bow I made to the top of the strap and then glued a rhinestone on top of that and for the front of the basket I glued some thank you tags I bought at a craft store and added a rhinestone. I put some chocolates inside and used tissues paper for added cuteness.
I made mine for a bridal shower and they looked beautiful! Thanks for stopping by I hope you enjoyed my tutorial 🙂