Two 11″ long ribbon (1.5″ wide)
One 21.5″ long ribbon (1.5″ wide)
One 18.5″ long ribbon (5/8″ wide)
Hair Clip of your choice
Button or other embellishment (optional)
1. For the 11″ long ribbon I used a wired ribbon I left the wire in but you can remove it by pulling it out. If you are making this for a younger child or baby I would suggest removing the wire.
2. Using the 11″ long ribbon turn it over to the wrong side and with a sharpie make a line in the center.
3. Fold the ends in to the center line.
4. And start sewing by inserting the needle through one of the ends.
5. Insert the needle into the other end.
6. Continue doing this until you reach the end make a knot and cut thread.
7. Fold the the center like the photos bellow.
8. Fold down the sides to make the bow.
9. Thread the needle and wrap the thread around the bow catch the end of the thread with the needle and pull.
10. Wrap the thread around a couple of times and knot it in the back by inserting the needle under the thread you just wrapped around the bow. Pull and insert the needle into to thread loop (see photos in step 13). Knot a couple of times and cut the thread.
11. Repeat the same steps for the second piece.
12. Place bows side by side and wrap the thread around catching the end with the needle and pull.
13. Make knot by following step 10.
14. Take the 21.5″ ribbon and make a loop by folding down one end. This leaves a long tail which we will be using to make the rest of the loops.
15. Continue holding the first loop and bring the tail up to form another loop and hold. Try making the loops the same length.
16. Bring the tail up again to form the last loop.
17. So you should have something like the photo bellow. If your loops don’t look even or the same length you can make adjustments at this point.
18. Start scrunching the center to make the bow.
19. Follow steps 9 & 10.
20. Take the 18.5″ long ribbon.
21. Bring one end to the center like the photos bellow.
22. Bring the opposite end to the center but on the other side like the photos bellow.
23. You should have a figure 8 like this.
24. Take one end and bring it to the center.
25. Bring the opposite side to the center overlap them just a little.
26. The side with the two lines (Photo bellow) is the back side of the bow.
27. The X side is the front of the bow.
28. Sew an X in the center.
29. Follow Steps 7 & 8.
30. Follow steps 9 & 10.
31. Now we start stacking our bows : )
32. Place bow 2 on top of bow 1 and repeat steps 9 & 10 but don’t cut the thread.
33. Place bow 3 on top of bow 2 and wrap the thread around a couple times and then follow steps 9 & 10.
Your bow is almost finished! 🙂
34. I’m using a double prong alligator clip. I attached the clip by inserting the top prongs under the thread in the back of the bow If you can’t get it under the thread you can just sew it on. You can also cover the clip with grosgrain ribbon and hot glue to the back of the bow.
And that’s it! It’s rally easy once you learn how to make the bows.
I ended up adding a button to the center to make it stand out more all I did was just sew it on! You can mix different colors and textures for all seasons and occasions, add embellishments to make them stand out! Thanks for stopping by hope you enjoyed my tutorial. share photos with me on Facebook and Instagram (myjustlola).